Abstract from NEW yacht charter regulations in Croatia:
1) VAT on charters starting in Croatia is 13%, if guests are embarked out of Croatia no any VAT to be paid.
2) Charter can be performed only with commercial registered yachts which are:
* Croatian flagged
* Other EU flagged
* Third country flagged (non-EU) and with a REGISTERED LENGTH OVER 40 m
3) Exceptionally third country flagged yachts UNDER 40 m will be allowed to perform charter providing that all guests are embarked out of Croatia. Embarking guests in Croatia will not be allowed under any circumstance.
4) Third country flagged yachts OVER 40 m can perform charter with CHARTER LICENSE granted by Croatian Ministry of the Sea.
Below are details available so far:
* Licenses should cost between 300 and 400 EUR
* Licenses will be valid for 1 year
* Process of obtaining license can take up to 3 (three) months
* Total number of licenses will be limited and provided on „first comes, first served“ basis (as being informed by Ministry of Sea officials there should be up to 200 licenses per season)
* Yacht owners/managers to provide condition survey report not older than 1 year otherwise new survey will have to be performed by CRS (Croatian Register of Shipping)